1. From August 4th, most short-term overseas residents can enter Korea without issuing a visa.
- Countries excluded from visa-free entry: 5 countries in Oceania (Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands,
Kiribati, Tonga), China, India, etc.
- Japan, Taiwan, and Macau are granted temporary visa-free entry from August 4 to October 31
2. AS OF 2022, all VISA-FREE entries by foreign personnel REQUIRE PRIOR online applications and APPROVALS by Korean government. This NEW VISA-FREE ENTRY PROCEDURE is called K-ETA. We strongly caution THOSE WHO HAVE ENTERED KOREA IN THE PAST PRIOR TO THIS NEW PRACTICE.
- The application to K-ETA should be made at least 48 hours prior to the boarding and preferably 72 hours prior to the advent of the boarding day in your time zone.
- Full guide on how to apply for K-ETA - YouTube
* Below is a summary of the YouTube English guide video above.
1) Visit the website: https://www.k-eta.go.kr/ (https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/index.do)
Click to apply for K-ETA (or download the app from mobile to apply)
2) Enter the visitor's continent/nationality, passport number, and email
3) Upload a copy of your passport, register your passport information
4) Enter the purpose of visit and residence
5) Upload your own photo
6) Pay 10,000 won
1) Ministry of Justice document review (takes about 24 hours)
1) Notification of approval by e-mail (* valid for 2 years if approved)
* There is no need to fill out an immigration card on the plane, and immigration is faster.